The Association for Nurse Prescribing Accreditation Process: GUIDELINES
The Association for Nurse Prescribing (ANP) accredits educational resources for the continuing professional development (CPD) of nurse prescribers. This accreditation ensures that resources:
- Meet an educational need and provide an effective learning experience for nurse prescribers
- Are appropriate with regards to level and content
- Enhance the knowledge, skills, and professional performance of nurse prescribers
- Are based on appropriate evidence and promote best practice
The accreditation process involves peer review by both subject and educational experts who have appropriate professional backgrounds and experience.
The benefits of accreditation
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) requires that all qualified nurses undertake a minimum of 35 hours of learning or Post Registration and Educational Preparation (PREP) relevant to their practice during the three year period prior to their renewal of registration. ANP accreditation provides CPD opportunities that can be recognised for PREP.
Before applying for ANP accreditation
Before applying for ANP accreditation, applicants need to think about the following:
- The rational and objectives of the resource
- The learning outcomes
- Whether the resource will meet the educational needs of the intended audience
- If the content and level of the resource are appropriate for the intended audience
- If the professional qualifications and expertise of any speakers are appropriate
- How the initiative will be evaluated
The ANP offers accreditation for a range of educational initiatives including study days, workshops and seminars. Resources might include slide presentations, E-learning and web based educational resources, books and training manuals. Resources are accredited for a three-year period. The opportunity exists for nurses to accredit this learning at Degree or Masters level through a university.
The ANP logo and certificates
Accredited educational material can be promoted using the ANP logo. Applicants may also apply for ANP certificates of attendance that will show the number of study hours completed by attendees.
The cost of ANP accreditation varies depending on the initiative to be accredited.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries and an application form.